Saturday, September 21, 2013

52 CCT/ MFW

Well, I started the weekend yesterday in a glitter mode and I'm still there today.  This time
it's gold glitter on a card for 52{Christmas} Card Throwdown.  Christmas trees are the
theme for this challenge.  I'm also entering this card in the All That Glitters is Gold
Challenge in The Moxie Fab World.



Here's what I did.

 


The Christmas tree stamp is from Hot off the Press. I stamped it with gold ink on white
 card stock, heat embossed with gold embossing powder and fussy cut it and popped
 with some foam dots. I also stamped and heat embossed the border strip on white with
 gold  ink and embossing powder. The stamp used is from Stampabilities and called Ornate.
 I placed the strip on a piece of purple metallic card stock that I border punched with the
 EK Success Acanthus punch. I used the Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles die set to frame
 the tree. Finished up  with some gems and some glittered stickers for the greeting.
 Thanks for taking a look!

9 comments:

  1. I love the rich, regal look of your card. The gold embossed tree is fab and I do like the ornate punched border. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card - thanks so much for playing along with us this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card Judy! A lovely colour combo too, I'd never have thought to put gold and purple together but it is so rich and luxurious! I love the classy rectangle die cut and the punched border - so elegant! Thanks so much for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT again, please come back soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this stamp, too! LOVE it in gold! The colors are so elegant! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love the touch of purple on your card and the Christmas tree stamp very elegant.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love your beautiful non-traditional colored Christmas card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Purple and gold- a very elegant combination. Really love your Christmas tree card, thanks for sharing it with us at 52 CCT this week

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the non-traditional colors for your Christmas card. I don't use a lot of purple, but really like it with the gold embossing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Judy! Thanks for linking this up to the All That Gitters is Gold challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete