Saturday, November 16, 2013

FMS 112 / Seize the Birthday


I've been thinking and thinking since I saw this week's sketch over at
Freshly Made Sketches of what I could do with it and finally came up with
something.  I'm also going to enter the Seize the Birthday challenge, since I
made a birthday card and there is a "toppings" option of texture.


Here's the sketch...
and my take on it.




I needed to make a birthday card for a co-worker and I seem to have at theme going
when it comes to making this co-worker's card every year.  It's red and black.  She
simply loves red and I like using black with red. I embossed the white panel with a
Cuttlebug folder and used a favorite Fiskars border punch for the 3 strips, which
broke just before I finished all my punching but managed to get it done anyway. I hate
when that happens, but I guess I've gotten my money's worth, as much as I've used it.
I added the paper roses, some red jewels and a greeting. Now I think I'm gonna have to go
out and see if I can find another border punch I like as well as this one. Thanks for taking a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment